Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lots of new babies in the family !

We seem to have had a lot of new babies in our family in the past little while, my nieces and nephews having children.  And that has kept me busy making little baby quilts. I love making baby quilts!  They are something that actually gets finished.....and of course the deadline helps to keep me focused! Here are a few of the recent ones...

for baby Manuel

 for baby Dominic
 for baby Kiera
and for baby Ella 

I used higher loft batting in the baby quilts, because they are often used on the floor. I usually back them with flannel to make them cozy though. They are just fun to make! I didn't use a pattern for these, and mostly just made them up as I went along.

This one is from a pattern by "Quilted Frog"(http://www.quiltedfrog.com/patterns_1.htm) It was for my Step-grandaughters 1st birthday !! I called it her "garden blanket". We all had those when we were kids, blankets that we could take out to the yard to sit on and play. I love it !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!