Sunday, July 24, 2011

Lake time

We are spending the next two weeks at our cabin ...Emma Lake in Saskatchewan....

It is beautiful up here, and so peaceful. The sunsets are ALWAYS perfect!

And yes, I have a sewing machine up here too.! It is my Pfaff. I love it for piecing, but not for FMQ though. It is a great machine for sewing clothing, which I have used it mostly for.

But, even though I have brought lots of fabric and ideas with me, now is a time to relax....and what better way to relax than the perfect Lemon Drop Martini (made by my sweet husband.....of course he would prefer a scotch !!)

LEMON DROP
1 and 1/2 oz. Vodka
3/4 oz. Triple Sec.
2 tsp. Bakers sugar (extra fine sugar)
1-1/2 Tbsp. Concentrated lemon juice( or freshly squeezed)
Shake over ice cubes

Coat rim of Martina glass by rubbing the rim with lemon rind ( or lemon juice) and then dip in a saucer of sugar.

Pour and enjoy !!!

WARNING!! This is dangerous.. : )  do not attempt to operate heavy equipment or a sewing machine, rotary cutter, or an embroidery needle while drinking this!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I am so jealous! I love it!!!! The cabin looks just gorgeous! Have a wonderful time and enjoy your relaxing and those lemon drop martinis! Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cabin is beautiful.
    Funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your cabin looks great. What a place to relax in!! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just returned from Jackfish Lake, swimming until sundown. So fun! The # of shooting stars right now are incredible if you look up! ; ) See you soon,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!