Wednesday, February 20, 2013

appliqué update...again

While I was in Maui, I did not have my sewing machine (yes, I did go through some withdrawal !! hehe) ...but I did have my appliqué project.   You can see some background information on this in previous posts.

I thought that I had done LOTS !!   But when I laid them out..wow...I STILL have a long way to go!

I am not quite sure how big I am going to make this, but probably another "circle" of tulips longer, then the 1/2 circle and a maybe a border?? We will see.

I actually ran out of bits and pieces when away, so had to cut some more.  I had to make more of the bias tubes too. Remember those cool pressing sticks that I used?  The ones that were made of plastic, and I was a bit nervous about them melting???

Well, I had good reason to be nervous!! Yes, they do melt!! I guess I had the iron a bit too hot, and did not slide it out fast enough and ......it fused onto the plastic!!

Fortunately, my DH was able to skim the fabric off with a sharp knife...and very little damage!

Lesson learned!!

oh...and dont forget to enter my Maui giveaway here!!

So lets link up with The Needle and Thread Network..

and WIP at Freshly Pieced..
                                             Grab a button

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Flo -- your blocks are looking great! Yikes on the melting -- are you still going to use the sticks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your applique. Applique and knitting, that's what I do in Maui or any vacation. Easy to take with you. Plus I love applique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some projects just take longer to make, especially when they ae as prett as your tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt, this is my favorite creation of yours. I love this...the colors, the style...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely 'take your time' project and you are doing such a wonderful job with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've done very well with your applique piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your applique is looking fantastic, Flo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blocks are very pretty. It sure does look like a lot of work though. I can see why it must have felt like you had done more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tulips. You got a lot done!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or just say hello....It's nice to know I am not talking to myself!